1 min read
Banana Almond Muffins
DRY INGREDIENTS BOWL:
½ cup spelt flour
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup Nuzest Just Natural or Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tbsp rolled oats
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
WET INGREDIENTS BOWL:
1 very ripe large banana, mashed
1 vegan flax egg
1 tbsp almond or ABC butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
3 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
These dairy-free Banana Almond Muffins have the perfect protein to carbohydrate balance - making them a healthy and nutritious snack or on-the-go breakfast.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir everything to combine and set aside.
3. Add all wet ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix
5. Line a muffin tray with muffin papers. Spray with a little bit of cooking oil and spoon in muffin batter evenly.
6. Optional: Mix a little cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of muffins before placing in the oven.
7. Bake for 17-20 mins. When a skewer comes out clean, your muffins are done.
8. Remove from baking tray after 5 mins and set on a cooling rack.