1 min read
Lentil & Coconut Soup
Creamy soup, high in protein. Made with Just Natural Clean Lean Protein.
1 brown onion
2 cloves garlic
1 small knob of ginger
1/2 Tbsp ground tumeric
1 large red chilli
1 1/2 cups dry yellow lentils
6 cups vegetable stock
400g can coconut cream
2 serves Just Natural Clean Lean Protein
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Products used in this recipe
This will be your next favoruite soup! Creamy, full of flavour and high in protein. Nothing to feel guilty about here. Made using Just Natural Clean Lean Protein.
- Dice the onion and chilli, and grate the garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large pot and heat over a medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric and chilli to the pot and sauté for one minute.
- Add the lentils and stock to the pot and mix to combine. Bring to the boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to low. Place lid on the pot and allow to simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the coconut cream and protein powder to the soup and stir. The soup will become creamy. If you like a smoother soup, you can now use a stick or immersion blender to blend the soup until it is pureed to your liking. Once blended, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita bread.